Supporting Adoptive Families
Our Post Adoption Program comes to the aid of families that have accepted the responsibility of adopting a child that has previously been in the state’s foster care system. Many of these children have suffered abuse, neglect, and/or abandonment at the hands of their birth parents. It is the mission of our program to ensure that these families not only survive, but thrive with healthy, whole relationships. The staff in Post Adoption Services is trained and experienced in assessing needs and providing services to adoptive families. Services are provided at no cost for eligible clients. Contact Centers for Children and Families to establish eligibility.
- Casework and service planning
- Parent training and support groups
- Therapeutic camping
- Respite care
- Residential placement services
- Information and referral
- 24-hour crisis intervention
For specific questions, please contact your case manager directly. You can also reach a post adoption staff member at 432-570-0027 OR send an email inquiry to email@example.com for more information.
Post Adoption Services may be available to your family if each of the following conditions are met:
- Either DFPS served as the child’s court appointed managing conservator and placed the child for adoption OR a licensed Texas child-placing agency served as the child’s court appointed managing conservator and placed the child for adoption, and DFPS is currently providing Title IV-E adoption assistance to the child
- The DFPS or child-placing agency placement resulted in a court order consummating the adoption
- The adoption is intact, and the adoptive parents have requested post adoption services
- The adopted child is under 18. Exception: If services begin during a child’s 17th year, they may continue for as long as six months after the child’s 18th birthday
Post adoption services are provided through a contract with the State of Texas.
Questions about Post Adoption Services? Please send all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org